The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

BobCochran (92) [Avatar] Offline
Hi, I spent a lot of time yesterday reading the first two chapters. I am wondering if it is is possible to install MongoDB plus an 1.5 GB to 2.5 Gb database on resource-limited, 32-bit laptops which are probably running Windows 7+? Laptop users must still being able to easily use the database in a node.js application. The book begins to discuss scaling (vertically, horizontally), replication and sharding; for the specific project I am on, none of these things are possible. The users I will be working with do not live close to me, so I need to have a database engine that can be installed on a limited 32 bit machine that "just works". Would MongoDB fit that scenario?

I realize the most reasonable answers here might be "No!" or "roll it out on a test machine and see what happens."

This is a great book, by the way! My compliments on it.

Thanks

Bob Cochran
Greenbelt, Maryland, USA