The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

digitalpebble (1) [Avatar] Offline
Hi,

Thanks for your work on this book, which I think is really good so far.

Are you planning to give some details on the configuration aspects of Storm? I find that this is not a completely obvious part of Storm, e.g. if I want a given bolt to be configured via a config file, where should it be? What is the hierarchy of configuration files? How do I configure things at the topology level vs component level without having to hardcode the values in my code, etc....

I probably wouldn't take more than a couple of paragraphs but they would help, especially the readers coming from Hadoop who know that they can use the XML files with the tool interface to configure a given job.

Thanks

Julien
sean.allen (19) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Configuration-related chapter
I suspect that will do something around that.

Over time, we've made our configuration simpler and simpler.