The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

rtayek (27) [Avatar] Offline
hi, is there an errata online?

there seem to be some typos in first few chapters

thanks
raoul-gabriel.urma (37) [Avatar] Offline
Re: errata?
Hello,

Thanks for reading our book! We don't have an errata yet because we are making updates to the chapters on a regular basis. The MEAP allows us to iterate the content to improve it.

Please let us know any typos you find so we can fix them before they book is officially released (sometime in May/June). Any feedback (e.g. whether it was easy to read or too difficult) is welcome as well!

Thanks,
Raoul
rtayek (27) [Avatar] Offline
Re: errata?
> We don't have an errata yet because we are making updates to the chapters on a regular basis. ...

yes, i saw that after i posted smilie

> Any feedback (e.g. whether it was easy to read or too difficult) is welcome as well

i was able to read right through til almost the end. i noticed that it was a bit repetitive, but that was a good thing as i recalled the earlier discussion on a topic.

i tried to run the code in eclipse and some of the later chapters have a bunch of red. i am using eclipse Version: 4.3.1 Build id: M20130911-1000.

chapters 1 & 2 compile and run fine. chapters 3 & 4 had some red initially, but it went away and those don't run now. they get a" Could not find or load main class lambdasinaction.chap3.Lambdas. cleaning does not help.

later chapters have lots of red.

haven't tried building and running with maven

none of this is urgent. i got your book because i am making a presentation on some java 8 stuff and i have plenty of material from the chapters 1 & 2.

thanks