The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

alpotact (5) [Avatar] Offline
Hi,

First of all I am in the early stage of learning Activiti so I am very green.

In Chapter 1 I tried running the BookOrderTest.java and it failed first time with an error 'Connection is broken: "session closed" '. So searching in this forum someone suggested to change the first line to the below code and it run successfully.

ProcessEngine processEngine = ProcessEngineConfiguration.createStandaloneInMemProcessEngineConfiguration() .setDatabaseSchemaUpdate(ProcessEngineConfiguration.DB_SCHEMA_UPDATE_TRUE)
.setJdbcUrl("jdbc:h2:mem:activiti;DB_CLOSE_DELAY=1000")
.setJobExecutorActivate(true)
.buildProcessEngine();

But when I went to the explorer I cannot find the entry in the 'Queued' as mentioned in the book. So what am I doing wrong?

Thanks.
Re: Chapter 1 - BookOrderTest (Cannot find in Queued)
Never mind. Got it.
ian2014 (2) [Avatar] Offline
Hi,
How did you get it? I ran into exactly the same issue and will be very grateful if you can share your solution.

Many thanks,
My explorer and my Eclipse are using in memory database so they don't see each other. You have to use one common database.