The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

J. Merrill (3) [Avatar] Offline
It's hard to know if this is a flaw in the output or a flaw in the Android epub reader I'm using (Aldiko, the consensus "best" reader). For example

<code class="Code">1: first line</code> <code class="Code">2: second line</code> <code class="Code"> </code>

There is nothing to explicitly make each line appear on a separate line; Firefox for example does put them on separate lines but Aldiko runs them together. (I also can't seem to do anything in this web editor to make the text starting "There is nothing" appear on a new line, or to reduce the space before the "

36785 (4) [Avatar] Offline
Same problem in Cool Reader.

It would also be easier to read when subheadings had a bold style + bigger font. Also code and images should be offset more from the rest of the text with margins or borders.
I just had a look at V18 of the book and it's still unreadable as EPUB (no spaces between paragraphs, headlines are formatted like the rest of the text, no spacing around headlines, all code is a single line of text). I'll try Calibre later.

Can someone suggest an EPUB reader where the book looks good?
350596 (3) [Avatar] Offline
Also in the epub reader Aldiko on a 7" Android tablet, the book's figures (e.g. Figure 2.8) are too small to read and the tables (e.g. Table 3.4) fit only in landscape mode.

In portrait mode the leftmost table columns take up all the space while the rightmost column(s) get scrunched down to 1 character width or less, depending on the chosen text size.
Final release looks good in Calibre (at least the first chapter).