JDeveloper (6) [Avatar] Offline
Hi Tijs

Quick Question - when I run listing 1.4 in your book, it works, the Unit test comes back green, etc - but when I go to the activiti-explorer application, there is nothing there under Queued. I am Sure its working corrrectly - when I comment out the line that completes old tasks, the unit test fails with something like "Expected = 1, found 3 tasks". And then next time I run it , it will come back and say 4 tasks found, etc

Have you seen this before ?
tijs.rademakers (494) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Listing 1.4 - Works, but does not update graphically in activiti-explorer
Hi,

You did install and start a standalone H2 database right? The unit test will use this standalone H2 database to execute the Activiti Engine. If you download Activiti 5.14 it by default uses an in-memory database and that's why you don't see the task there. When you change the db.properties in the Activiti Explorer to use a standalone H2 database it should be working. Let me know if you run into issues.

Best regards,

Tijs
ian2014 (2) [Avatar] Offline
Hi,
I installed H2 standalone and changed db.properties (in exploded directory: webapps/activiti-explorer) to point to the standalone H2 (by setting the entry: jdbc.url=jdbc:h2:tcp://localhost/activiti). It did work and I could see the Queued task. However, if I ever shutdown Tomcat and start it again, the activiti-explorer will fail to deploy, it seems that it is trying to recreate/alater the H2 standalone tables which shouldn't be done if they are there already. Only by deleting all the H2 files associated to the activiti database can I got the activiti explorer redeployed). Did I do something wrong? Is there any way to redeploy the activiti explorer without having to delete H2 files each time?

Regards,

Ian
tijs.rademakers (494) [Avatar] Offline
Ok that should definitely work. You still have the following process engine config property?

<property name="databaseSchemaUpdate" value="true" />

What error is logged in the console log?

Best regards,

Tijs