The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

gkneale (2) [Avatar] Offline
Hello,

Having performed the steps up to section 1.5.5, the book requests that I "Make sure that the Applications, Operating System and Task Sequences folders are populated with content, like in Figure 1.5."

However, my Applications section was empty and the DS folder was not shared. My host is Windows 2012.

After changing the script 2_MergeDeploymentShareWithHydrationKit.ps1 as follows and manually sharing the folder, the MDT was correctly configured.

Before:
Copy-Item -Path "C:HydrationCM2012R2SourceDS" -Destination "C:HydrationCM2012R2" -Recurse -Verbose -Force
Copy-Item -Path "C:HydrationCM2012R2SourceISOControl" -Destination "C:HydrationCM2012R2ISOContentDeploy" -Recurse -Verbose -Force

After:
Copy-Item -Path "CsmilieOWNLOADSHydrationCM2012R2SourceDS" -Destination "C:HydrationCM2012R2" -Recurse -Verbose -Force
Copy-Item -Path "CsmilieOWNLOADSHydrationCM2012R2SourceISOControl" -Destination "C:HydrationCM2012R2ISOContentDeploy" -Recurse -Verbose -Force