picinato (1) [Avatar] Offline
I read the book Mondrian in Action and am reading again until now could not understand mondrian,.
Pentaho use and have a fact table with 50k records 3-dimensional company with 20 records, 2,300 ratings records and the fact table.

In the database I get the data in just 3 seconds, but in mondriam is taking more than 10 minutes the same data. We are thinking about quitting the mondrian / pentaho, since performance is pretty bad. I bought this book thinking of taking advantage of the Mondrian MDX and tunning and so far can not get performance in a simple little cube.
nicholas.goodman (2) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Performance mondrian is very bad
picinato - Something must be off. Even on top of MySQL (or Access for that matter!) a 50k fact table with 3 dims (max dim size of 2.3k) should not take 10 minutes for the same data.

However, your statement that it simply is very bad doesn't allow any of us to help. In general, it'd help if you can post (or gist/pastebin) somewhere your mondrian schema.xml and more importantly, the log files (with the SQL statements). See page 137 (re: log4j.xml) on how to turn on the logging. Also, the MDX you are attempting to run.

Almost always a slow Mondrian solution is the result of slow SQL queries (or LOTs of SQL queries). The solution may be evident to you in the SQL statements/timings but all the same feel free to post here (or xpost in the pentaho forums).

Good luck!