The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

svraghavan (3) [Avatar] Offline
I downloaded the recent MEAP version (Java 8 Lambdas in Action) in ePub format. The fonts are really small and trying to increase it did not help. I am using Adobe digital edition 2.0 on Mac. Not sure whether this is the right forum for reporting this issue. If not, pls redirect this to the right forum.

BTW, the way book is developing is really nice. Will report back more after reading the new chapters. Thanks for the awesome work.
reri (27) [Avatar] Offline
Re: ePub font
I checked out the Adobe reader I have, and you're right the font is really small.You might try using the Chrome epubreader. The font is larger and easier to read--at least it is for me.

Please let me know if that works.

Rebecca Rinehart
Manning Publications
svraghavan (3) [Avatar] Offline
Thanks. Yes, it is better in one of the epub app in chrome. I can use it for now. Hope this will get fixed in future revisions. Other MEAPs e-pubs are fine in Adobe Digital reader.
rsearjeant (3) [Avatar] Offline
Hello,

Same problem when using the mobi format in the Kindle reader on my Nexus 7 tablet. The biggest issue is the code samples - they are rendered in a monospaced font but the point size is way too small.

I have tried the ePub format in two different readers on the Nexus 7. It looks OK in the Moon+ reader but in Aldiko it is unreadable.

Roger Searjeant.
raoul-gabriel.urma (37) [Avatar] Offline
Hi Roger,

Thanks for letting us know about this issue. The manning team is investigating how to best solve this problem. Hopefully they will find a solution and get back to you asap.

Thanks,
Raoul