The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

ed.wilson (7) [Avatar] Offline
After fixing the "paramater" spelling error in the service code and replacing "findIndexOf" with "indexWhere" in the client. I was still having trouble getting the example to work.

After thinking about what we were trying to do, I realized that, for example, the "headers" following the -h had to be in the form "name=value", that is, there must be an '='. If not, you get an ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException.

It would be a little easier on the reader to explain that the list of requests and headers must be of this form. (I don't expect to have great validation code, since this is just an example, but that would have been nice too.)
nraychaudhuri (19) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Section 2.8 Examples
Thanks for reporting this. I will make sure I include this in my Errata