The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

JoKr (2) [Avatar] Offline
I have just started to read your book Learning Active Directory...(MEAP) and found inconsistency in Powershell script
New-ADUser -Name "GREEN Dave" -SamAccountName dgreen [CA]-UserPrincipalName "dgreen@manticore.org" -AccountPassword $secpass [CA]-Path "cn=Users,dc=Manticore,dc=org" -Enabled:$true
What are doing the two [CA] parameters in this script? PowerShell have not accepted it. Syntax checker stops here.

Thank you in advance for your explanation.
J.K.
LichenSounds (2) [Avatar] Offline
Did you ever find a solution to this?

I'm typing the same thing (pg. 18, under TRY IT NOW) in Powershell and I'm getting an error.

LichenSounds (2) [Avatar] Offline
Just in case anyone else stumbles on this and has the same question/issue.

My problem is that I was trying to create my new user in a different location (an OU vs. a Container).

My OU is MonthOfLunches. I kept trying cn=MonthOfLunches and it kept failing. Once I changed it to ou=MonthOfLunches everything worked fine.

Off to the next chapter...