The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

richardfanning (2) [Avatar] Offline
Hi there,

First off congrats on the great book. It's really taking shape. I've a suggestion for content for chapter 13. The content would cover Data Sense (http://www.mulesoft.org/documentation/display/current/Mule+DataSense)

I'm developing a cloud connector and would like to A) understand exactly what DataSense brings to connectors and B) have an example of adding DataSense to a cloud connector.

It appears that lots of the available connectors are data sense aware

http://www.mulesoft.org/documentation/display/current/Testing+Connections#TestingConnections-DS-enabledConnectors

But looking at the code on github I can really only see Salesforce using the @MetaDataRetriever and @MetaDataKeyRetriever annotations?

Perhaps Data sense is not yet available in 3.4 EE and requires the 3.5+ runtime?

I think this information would enhance the appeal of the book as so far there is not much information out there on using Data Sense?

Thanks

Rich
David Dossot (233) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Content Suggestion: Cloud connectors and Data Sense
DataSense is an EE-only feature so we are not covering it in the book, whose main focus is CE.
richardfanning (2) [Avatar] Offline
I can appreciate that. Thanks for response David.
David Dossot (233) [Avatar] Offline
And thank you for the suggestion and also the kind words.

As you can guess, we have to put a limit to what we cover in the book. The fact we only allude to EE is that EE users have access to dedicated MuleSoft resources and trainings which allow them to leverage the EE features the best possible way. In the book we focus on the fundamentals on which EE is built, namely CE.

D.