The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

faubele (3) [Avatar] Offline
Hi everyone,
I'm stuck in chapter 4.
When I package my fancyfood bundles into a zip called "fancyfoods.eba" and copy it to the load directory, nothing happens. I'm sure the file is at least processed, because I can't delete it from the load directory while the framework is running.

If I build the .eba via maven from the example code, the resulting eba is resolved and the bundles are installed
(there are 2 errors while resolving:
" [Blueprint Extender: 2] ERROR org.apache.aries.blueprint.container.BlueprintContainerImpl - Unable to start blueprint container for bundle fancyfoods.persistence
org.apache.aries.blueprint.ComponentNameAlreadyInUseException: Name 'inventory' is already in use by a registered component"
but that is not the problem right now).

I compared the eba I created manually and the one I created with maven from the example code and I can't seem to find out whats the difference except for the maven folders.
When I put the bundles into the load folder individually, everything runs fine, so the bundles should be ok.
Does someone have an idea whats preventing an eba from getting installed? Is there a maybe a problem how i zip the bundles? I'm using 7zip with the zip option, but tried the zip tool from windows 8, too, and neither one was working.
Thank you so much for your help.