The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

OrBee (61) [Avatar] Offline
I have an jms inbound queue that receives incoming messages in the flows deployed to the nodes in a Mule cluster. The received messages are then processed sends to a web service endpoint as their final destination. The webservice sends the messages to a jpa process which saves the results to a database. Since every node in the cluster is capable of getting the messages from the queue, how can I ensure that the messages are written to the database in the correct FIFO of the queue? I am concerned that whilst a flow on one of the nodes is processing say 23 messages from the queue another flow could receive fewer messages, say 2 messages, from the queue and write to the database quicker than the earlier/former flow. How can I structure the flows so that the FIFO order is preserved irrespective of the number of messages processed by individual nodes?
David Dossot (233) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Clustering in Mule Enterprise
The book covers Mule Community Edition: if you have questions about the Enterprise Edition, please contact MuleSoft directly at http://forum.mulesoft.org/
OrBee (61) [Avatar] Offline
Before I purchased the book I saw Mule Enterprise in the appendix section. I thought that maybe some aspects of clustering would be explained. Since some organizations use clustering, I therefore feel this is a reasonable assumption or expectation that the book would provide some coverage. I may have overestimated the level of coverage as a result of the book's title or set my expectations too high.
David Dossot (233) [Avatar] Offline
Many organizations are running Mule CE or EE in an HA fashion but without using clustering at all. Section 8.5 covers high-availability deployments with Mule CE, including discussions about workarounds for the lack of clustering support in CE.