The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

Cybertek (2) [Avatar] Offline
I have dabbled in and out of many programming languages, but never mastered any of them, just sort of curious I guess. I have now decided that since I always wanted to master at least (1) CLI and always wanted to learn to write batch/script files, it looks like Powershell is my choice. My question is very rudimentary I suppose, but a very smart person told me that we all have to be a rookie/newbie at least once. My question is this, now that I have figured out how to get the list of parameters by using the "tab Completion" how do I get a list of properties/methods? I know I can use get-member, but then what do I do when I have all the results? I am trying to learn how to drill down and extract what I need? Seems I suffer from information overload and am not learning ways to filter results to get at what I need. In my job, I get many calls to gather down and dirty details from remote machines, sometimes many at a time, sometimes one or two. Thanks for all your time, SALUTE!

P.S. Love the book, I will get er done I promise, look to see many questions posted