The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

ericlaw (2) [Avatar] Offline
pg vii/pg x: Due to how the target page was formatted, the word break between "fundamentals" and "of" is missing, leading to the mangling "fundamentalsof".

Pg 7: The use of color to distinguish items in a black & white book is the worst anti-pattern of modern tech books. Please please please don't subject paying customers to this.

Pg 8: To better illustrate your point, rather than saying "adding the code only one method at a time" maybe say: "adding the code to every method at once."?

Pg 9: The oddly worded "antipatterns" sidebar appears to first suggest that "Design Patterns" contains anti-patterns. The second half clarifies that it doesn't, but why phrase it this way?

Pg 13: "Forms-AuthenticationModule" should be "FormsAuthenticationModule"

Listing 1.4: It appears that you've renamed the End() method to Commit(). It's not obvious why.

Listing 2.1: Indentation: extra space before the first var line.

Listing 2.2: Technically, the Accord is a midsize or full-size car. smilie

Listing 2.22: Indentation: second var line and subsequent are indented one extra space.

Section 3.2.1, first sentence: "transacton" -> "transaction"

Pg 75: Text doesn't mention the downside of that implementation of WorkerThread aspect: all target methods are invoked on a new thread, even if the caller was already on a worker thread.

Pg 81: "there's a boundary immediately ..." -> "there boundaries immediately ..."

Pg 82: Trailing curly brace on 2nd and 3rd code snippets on this page are incorrectly indented.

Pg 84: clarity: "you could use a field of the class itself" -> "you could use a field in the aspect's class"

Pg 85: "GUID as in squid" -> "GUID rhymes with squid"
matthew.groves (46) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Errata for final print book: Start to Ch3.
Eric,

Thank you, I'll be adding most of these to the errata content when that goes live.

-Matt
matthew.groves (46) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Errata for final print book: Start to Ch3.
Eric,

I'm a bit confused by your suggestion for Page 81. It seems to read correctly to me as-is, so I don't understand. Maybe reading my own book a thousand times has re-wired my brain smilie

Thanks,

Matt