dage69 (2) [Avatar] Offline
Hello,

I've found some typos .. I'm not a native English speaker so I may have made mistakes.

page 37 on pdf
.. and NoSQL transaction control use BASE. -> .. and NoSQL transaction control using BASE.

page 38
.. must happen as and all or nothing transaction. -> .. must happen as an all or nothing transaction.

page 38
"Atomicity" which comes from the Greek term for "dividable" -> .. "undividable"

page 38
This is the principal of consistency -> This is the principle of consistency

page 46 (missing 'to')
Sally has been assigned to help a team design a system to manage loyalty gift cards -> .. to help a team to design ..

page 100 (missing 'are')
We know that in a key-value store there two data fields; -> .. there are two data fields;

page 134 (I'm not sure .. is the '.. and the how ..' correct?)
.. you'll understand the base features of native XML databases and the how they are used to solve business problems .. -> .. databases and how they are used ..

page 141
You many also want to use a database lock .. -> You may also want to use a database lock

page 148 ('be' is not needed)
Small template languages are be easy to create .. -> Small template languages are easy to create ..

page 149 (in sidebar)
.. as well as XML structures and XSPRQL .. -> .. and XSPARQL ..

page 149 (the sentence sounds strange to me .. perhaps commas are needed)
we talked about how when new XML documents are loaded into a native XML database every element is immediately indexed -> we talked about how , when new XML documents are loaded into a native XML database , every element is immediately indexed

page 260
Note that the a range index on dates for fast sorting many still need to be configured. -> .. sorting may still need ..

page 298
Large object networks many not fit within RAM, locking systems will consume .. -> Large object networks may not fit ..

page 312
Next, we look at two methods that organizations can used to mitigate the need for in-database security models. -> . that organizations can use to ..

page 352
Tunning each cluster needs its own operational budget extending out over multiple years. -> Tuning ..

I hope this can help you.

Thank you for the interesting book

Best regards,
Davide Cavassa
daniel.mccreary (21) [Avatar] Offline
Re: MEAP v9 typos
Thanks David,

For some reason we stopped getting e-mail notifications, so we did not see all your comments till just now.

We got most of your changes during the line editing.

- Dan