The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

dvorme (14) [Avatar] Offline
I have some Java software I'm integrating with and need to create a custom Flow Control component that calls the Java component and branches based on the results of the call. Management wants to be able to look at the Mule diagrams and understand them, so using a separate Java component followed by a branching component with MEL isn't an option as this (in their view) obscures the logic.

Where can I find information on creating a custom Flow Control component that integrates with the Mule palette and design surface? Can/will you cover this in the book?

Thanks in advance,

Dave
David Dossot (233) [Avatar] Offline
Re: How to create custom Flow Control component
The ways of management are mysterious: how come a custom Mule extensions be less obscure than standard ones? smilie

Anyway, yes, we discuss DevKit, the toolkit you will use to create custom extensions ot Mule and Studio, in chapter 13.