The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

JThaddeus (3) [Avatar] Offline
I'm using GWT 2.5.1 and the matching gwt-maven-plugin on several projects now. The directory organization for ch14 (the first one I'm trying) is unlike any other I've seen for GWT. When I run `mvn clean gwt:run` it fails with

[INFO] --- gwt-maven-plugin:2.3.0:run (default-cli) @ gwtia-ch14-events ---
[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] BUILD FAILURE
[INFO] Total time: 1.789s
[INFO] Finished at: Mon Jul 29 22:25:50 EDT 2013
[INFO] Final Memory: 17M/183M
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.codehaus.mojo:gwt-maven-plugin:2.3.0:run (default-cli) on project gwtia-ch14-events: The parameters 'runTarget' for goal org.codehaus.mojo:gwt-maven-plugin:2.3.0:run are missing or invalid -> [Help 1]

What do I need to fix this?
Re: Maven directory organization and pom.xml
You can run `mvn package` and create a WAR file to install to Tomcat (at least that worked with Chapter 14). However as a teaching aid it would be a lot better if the project could be run with gwt:run (or gwt:run-codeserver) so the reader could import the package into Eclipse and trace a program's execution with the debugger. As it is, the Eclipse Maven plugin doesn't like the project structure, and complains that src/main/webapp is not present.
Re: Maven directory organization and pom.xml
Sorry, wrong list. This is for the 2007 edition. The 2nd edition is at http://www.manning-sandbox.com/forum.jspa?forumID=659