The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

shahed100 (2) [Avatar] Offline
Mule has a lot of connectors but many of them are listed as "Standard", which requires an enterprise subscription to be active if you want to use them.

However, if I want to experiment with them in a non-production environment, would I still be able to use these with Mule CE ? I recall reading somewhere that in some cases, the Mule server needs to be restarted every 24 hours in certain cases, and am not sure if this was one of the cases.

Thanks
David Dossot (233) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Mule CE and Connectors (Standard vs Community)
You probably mean "Premium" connectors? Standard connectors do not need an EE license.

Mule Studio should be able to run EE connectors, which would allow you to experiment.

I've never heard about the need to restart Mule servers ever 24h.
shahed100 (2) [Avatar] Offline
Thanks, but on the Mule website it says that there are 3 categories

Community :- Free
Standard :- Require subscription
Premium :- Extra costs over and above subscription

All this confusion on licensing is one thing which is holding me back from using Mule, and making me go towards Camel / ServiceMix.

But Mule seems so much easier than Camel + ServiceMix, so I hope I am wrong and can use these "Standard Connectors" in production
Indeed you are right.

I have never read this http://www.mulesoft.org/documentation/display/current/Anypoint+Connectors#AnypointConnectors-ConnectorCategories before you mentioned it. I don't know when this 3-tier strategy has been implemented but I'm totally confused too, I'd say the best is to contact MuleSoft to get some explanation.
So I had confirmation that this licensing model applies to CloudHub only.

If you use Mule Standalone or Embedded, you can use whatever connector you can access through Maven.

This is extremely confusing, hopefully they'll clarify it.
Actually the confirmation was wrong smilie

This licensing model even applies to production deployments of Mule Standalone...