timrichardson (1) [Avatar] Offline
If I'm using pentaho with the saiku plugin, how to I register new schemas or modified schemas with pentaho? I couldn't find this in the book. Is there a folder to save them?
william.back (28) [Avatar] Offline
Re: How to get pentaho to see schemas?
That's an unfortunate omission. There is some mention of the datasources.xml file, but not until chapters 8 and 10.

When using Pentaho including with the Saiku plug-in you will want to put the schema into a solution folder, e.g. pentaho-solutions/MondrianInAction. Then you will add a configuration to the pentaho-solutions/system/olap/datasources.xml file. There are other's configured there, so hopefully the format is clear. Basically just need to point to the schema file.

Note that you also have to have a datasource configured. You will do that through the administration server or else create a JNDI data source connection in your container (Tomcat).
raffael (6) [Avatar] Offline
Dear Mr. Back,

where do I find datasources.xml?

It does not seem to exist also I only get as far as pentaho-solutions/system/ ... there is no olap folder.

How do I set those things up?

Kind regards

Raffael Vogler
william.back (28) [Avatar] Offline
See the other thread for more details. Pentaho 5.0 no longer configures using system/olap. The book was completed prior to Pentaho 5.0, so the instructions are for Pentaho 4.8.