The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

timrichardson (1) [Avatar] Offline
If I'm using pentaho with the saiku plugin, how to I register new schemas or modified schemas with pentaho? I couldn't find this in the book. Is there a folder to save them?
william.back (28) [Avatar] Offline
Re: How to get pentaho to see schemas?
That's an unfortunate omission. There is some mention of the datasources.xml file, but not until chapters 8 and 10.

When using Pentaho including with the Saiku plug-in you will want to put the schema into a solution folder, e.g. pentaho-solutions/MondrianInAction. Then you will add a configuration to the pentaho-solutions/system/olap/datasources.xml file. There are other's configured there, so hopefully the format is clear. Basically just need to point to the schema file.

Note that you also have to have a datasource configured. You will do that through the administration server or else create a JNDI data source connection in your container (Tomcat).
raffael (6) [Avatar] Offline
Dear Mr. Back,

where do I find datasources.xml?

It does not seem to exist also I only get as far as pentaho-solutions/system/ ... there is no olap folder.

How do I set those things up?

Kind regards

Raffael Vogler
william.back (28) [Avatar] Offline
See the other thread for more details. Pentaho 5.0 no longer configures using system/olap. The book was completed prior to Pentaho 5.0, so the instructions are for Pentaho 4.8.