The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

piedmont01 (1) [Avatar] Offline
I'm posting this with this group as I'm starting to read the Camel book. I've recently became a middleware engineer coming from a systems administration background with little or no programming experience. My question is how do I catch up or how can I bridge the gap? The developers that I work with are using Java, Spring, a Mule ESB which they're now replacing with Camel. Any suggestions on what I should brush up on or learn are welcome. I feel I have all these pieces that I know so little about plus I don't understand how they all fit together. I could imagine me writing a book for Manning when I eventually figure it out smilie
davsclaus (413) [Avatar] Offline
Hi

Now some time has passed. Do you see the gap narrowing?

I do think that your sys admin background will be an assert to you, in these times when DevOps and trends towards micro services, and containers and whatnot.

Anyway just wanted to say good luck.