chrisjonesaz (4) [Avatar] Offline
PS> $servers | foreach{copy-item -Path c:sites*.* -Destination \$_c$ -
recurse}

I am unable to get this to work in powershell, it does not error out but nothing gets copied. I have some older IIS7.5 boxes that are not using our CIFS shares and I'd like to automate deployments to these. Any help is appreciated
jason.helmick (63) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Ch. 16.1.1 Sharing content using PowerShell
Hi Chris!

Yes, this was an error in the book that has been corrected. Let me show you.

PS> $Servers = ‘Web1’, ‘Web2’

PS> $servers | foreach{Copy-Item -Path c:sites* -Destination \$_c$sites -Recurse -Force}

Did this help?

Jason
That worked! Thanks for replying so quickly!
smilie Glad it worked! I'm in the middle of final edits for the book so it just happens on was correcting that code line.

Cheers!
Thanks again, would love it if you wrote an advanced book that expanded on the last few chapters and covered mostly large enterprise. I took your class over at interface and this book has been a great reference.
Awesome! Thank you. Well, after the dust settles on this one perhaps Manning might want a "Part 2" version. It becomes so challange to write about enterprise stuff becuase everyone is doing something different but with the strong push towards Public cloud and Azure there is certainly some amazing benefits. I'll have to how much material I can some with.
If you ever need a 'contributor' let me know. smilie