The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

pasquale (7) [Avatar] Offline
In 3.4 Summary you write " [CUT] in the next chapter, in which I'll discuss a different kind of aspect that isn't available in Castle DynamicProxy: boundary aspects".
I think that this assertion is wrong, or at least not 100% correct: Castle exposes the class StandardInterceptor that allows you to override PreProceedPerformProceedPostProceed messages, through which it can implement boundary aspects.
matthew.groves (46) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Boundary aspects and Castle Dynamic Proxy
Actually, I wasn't aware of StandardInterceptor, thanks.

It appears to just be a convenience base class that implements IInterceptor, which provides before/after boundaries (the PerformProceed is basically the same as an intercept), but no exception-related boundaries. So it's kinda a hybrid.

Probably worth mentioning, and at least worth rewording that assertion.; I'll try to get that into the book soon.

Thanks for pointing this out, and thanks for reading!

-Matt