jean-baptiste (8) [Avatar] Offline
Hello,
I tried to follow the Challimachus examples of chapter 9.2 with Challimacus 1.1 (released in April 22) but the Challimagus interface has changed and the instructions and screen captures of chapter 9 are out of date. Are you going to update them before the final version of the book ? By then, could you tell us how to achieve the 9.2.2 chapter instructions ? I couln't find a way to display the Class Exlorer in Challimachus version 1.1.
Thank you,
Jean-Baptiste
david.wood (45) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Since the release of the 1.1 version of Callimachus, chap. 9 is out of date
Hi Jean-Baptiste,

Thank you for pointing this out. You are correct that the Callimachus interface has changed since those screenshots were taken. We will update them this week. Hopefully they will make it into the next MEAP update.

The Class Explorer has moved to the gear menu in the upper right corner of the interface when you are viewing an RDF Graph resource. Navigate to the folder containing an RDF Graph, then select the link for the RDF Graph itself. When you see the summary of the graph, select the option "Explore OWL classes in this graph" from the gear menu. The option will be under the "Help" option and above "What links here".
Hello,
I understood why I could'nt see the "Explore OWL classes in this graph" in the menu : I gave a .txt extension to the file with the content of Listing 9.1. Unless you give a .ttl extension to your file, Callimachus won't recognise the content of the file as Turtle content. At least on Windows. This would be a good idea to suggest a .ttl extension for the uplaoded file on chapter 9.2.1.

Furthermore, should'nt Listing 9.1 URI refers to localhost:8080/bonobos instead of example.com/bonobos ? Otherwise, a click on one of the bonobo ressource Mary or Bonny would link to http://example.iana.org/ ...

Jean-Baptiste
One more point, with Callimachus 1.1.1, the listing 9.3 is different from the default template which refers to a "New Resource" instead of a "New Note". Otherwise, this new version seems not to take the class name into account to generate the templates.
david.wood (45) [Avatar] Offline
Hi Jean-Baptiste,

Thanks for catching that! We will try to get the listing updated before the first print run.

Regards,
Dave