The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

pasquale (7) [Avatar] Offline
It lacks some reference and example to IInterceptorSelector Castle interface. Reading the book it seems to me that using dinamyc proxy ins't possible to intercepts a specific method.

Why not make available all the examples (in source code file download) under postsharp and castle?

A trivial question: in ch2 class name DefensiveProgramming (2.2smilie and TransactionManagement (2.29) should not end with Aspect?

and finally: your book is well done and enjoyable to read!
matthew.groves (46) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Missing ref to Castle IInterceptorSelector
Yes, I should definitely mention IInterceptorSelector, I'll try to get that into the book.

You can name the aspect classes whatever you like. Some people like to end them with "Aspect" or "Attribute". PostSharp doesn't require that you follow a specific convention.