The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

richard.siddaway (71) [Avatar] Offline
Welcome to the forum for Learn Active Directory Management in a Month of Lunches.

Please use the forum to ask questions and provide feedback on the book. I will be checking periodically but can't promise a definite timeframe round answers as I have a day job as well!

The Early Access Program and the forum is your chance to feedback likes, dislikes and anything that you think will improve the book. I will read all comments and incorporate you suggestions where they will improve the book.

We can't add everything we would want to into the book otherwise it would be at least four times the size. Any major content changes will have to be balanced against the overall structure. We've already had to make some hard choices to keep the book at a manageable size.

I look forward to discuss Active Directory management with you.
pr0mpt (1) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Welcome
Hey Richard,

I've just started going through your book, but noticed a small error on one of the first scripts.

On page 21 [paragraph 2.3] you start a script to automate the creation of bulk AD accounts and create a variable $secpas, but later on in the script you refer to the variable $password instead.

If I try the scrip like that, it won't work.

Kind regards
Robert
Well spotted

I think I copied the bulk of the script from another project and forgot to change it. Apologies for that - I'll make sure it gets changed
vRobert (1) [Avatar] Offline
Hi I found some typos in the ePub version of the book. I'll be referencing the PDF version so you will have the page numbers.

Page 11, second to the last paragraph, first sentence, fifth word - should be Center not left
PDF version:
The Active Directory Administrative Center (ADAC) was first introduced in Windows Server 2008 R2.

ePub version:
“The Active Directory Administrative left (ADAC) was first introduced in Windows Server 2008 R2”

Page 12, first paragraph, second sentence, 11th word - should be Center not left
PDF version:
It serves a similar purpose to the Active Directory Administrative Center in that you can manage user and computer accounts, groups and organizational units.

EPub version:
“It serves a similar purpose to the Active Directory Administrative left in that you can manage user and computer accounts, groups and organizational units.”

Page 20, both PDF and ePub version
The PowerShell script defines the username as GREEN Bill, in the text above the script the user is identified as Mike Green.
Thank you for reading closely enough to spot the typos and then taking the time to report them. I'll make sure they get corrected during the editing process.