sarcanon (8) [Avatar] Offline
I just downloaded chapter 1 as a preview before deciding whether to buy this book, which I ultimately decided to do. But having been a copy editor long ago, and finding a relatively target-rich environment smilie, I could not resist the temptation to bust out the red pencil while reading it. So I've marked up the entire chapter using Acrobat's proofing tools. If the authors are interested in reviewing my marked-up copy, please contact me and I will gladly pass it along.
david.wood (45) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Proof-reading of Chapter 1
Hi sarcanon,

Yes, please! We appreciate the work and look forward to your feedback. Please send your marked up copy to me at david -at- 3roundstones -dot- com.

Regards,
Dave
Hi Scott,

Thanks very much for the proof reading. They pointed out a problem in the MEAP production besides some errors in the source. The authors will work with Manning to repair both.

Regards,
Dave
brunoloui@gmail.com (1) [Avatar] Offline
I just received my meap version and noticed on the bottom of page 11 the phrase: "This statement excerpted from Listing 1.1 show a simple “triple” or RDF statement"

IK believe that where the descriptor (statement) is singular it ought to indicate taht the statement SHOWS a simple "triple"...
Thanks. You are correct and I've corrected it in our copy.