The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

ccer (2) [Avatar] Offline
"The DBObject parameter is 'nothing but' a key-value map provided by the Mongo
Java driver".

Why can't the Indian writers leave the habit of hanging unnecessary texts in the Books and repeat the same things several times like the Indian News Channels?

It could have been simply expressed ""The DBObject parameter is a key-value map provided by the Mongo Java driver".

Reached page 94 of 418, but still could not find that glue and good charm in the content of Manning Pubs, started yawning. If I were to write this book, I could have finished those 94 pages in 15-20 pages with concrete content.

Looks like as if a great worldly responsibility has been given to writer to make people understand why they are learning Scala? and why they should?

Sounds Funny! I am buying and learning the book because I know I have to read it. The content mostly focuses on why I am reading this book? rather than giving more about Scala to the readers.

Thanks,
drjerry (1) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Illusioned way of expression of english language
Here's a thought: learn to express yourself idiomatically before criticizing someone else's English. Or at least learn how English capitalization and punctuation work. #yousoundlikeanass
nraychaudhuri (19) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Illusioned way of expression of english language
It was hard writing this book. Thanks for backing me up. Please don't buy this book for English but Scala. I think you will be more satisfied.