jerryfiunam (61) [Avatar] Offline
Hi all,

I have taken a look into the API of the FormService and I realized that exists these methods:

getRenderedStartForm(String processDefinitionId, String formEngineName)

and

getRenderedTaskForm(String taskId, String formEngineName)

but the JAVADOC does not mentions further details about how can I use them. I have developed my own form engine (based on PrimeFaces and Metawidget API) and I supposed that I it is possible to hook it using these methods (providing the name of my engine) but I can not find any documentation in order to do this, I wonder if you can provide any good documentation (with examples) in order to know the process or configuration I have to follow to use my own form engine with activiti using these methods.

Thanks smilie
tijs.rademakers (494) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Rendering forms using my own form engine.
Hi,

Are you using getStartFormData at the moment for your own form engine? Or are you just using the form key?
The getRenderedStartForm method is a bit of legacy, and I think we should actually remove that method. If you want to use the form properties mechanism together with your form engine it makes the most sense to use getStartFormData. If you don't want to depend on the form properties then the form key is an alternative approach.

Best regards,

Tijs