greg.arnott (3) [Avatar] Offline
Reading through Chapter 11, I noticed it starts with setting up the application using Sencha Cmd and describes which files are important for the build process.

Sencha Cmd's update last week appears to make much of that redundant. ie, the creation of the hidden /.sencha/ directory with /app/ and sometimes /workspace/ directories containing build configurations.

Will the book be revised to reflect these changes?
jesus.garcia (463) [Avatar] Offline
Re: MEAP Preview - update with new Sencha Cmd?
Greg, i'll look into this with Touch 2.2 & CMD 3.1.1.274
greg.arnott (3) [Avatar] Offline
Fantastic!
Congratulations, btw, on the lastest instalment.

As for Touch 2.2 and CMD 3.1.1, spent most of this weekend setting up a whole new development environment using these, sitting on Node, Express, Compass, Grunt and a few other notables. Auto-builds, auto-tests, auto-refreshes, auto-compresses, etc... love it. (Once I've finished tweaking the Gruntfile, I'll convert it into a plugin/template and see about pushing it to a public repo.)

Not much in the way of getting my teeth into 2.2 - ran out of time. Looking forward to seeing all the changes from 2.1/2.0, resolving the impact it'll have on older projects and indulge in integrating an auto-constructed Ext.config.Config into the above system to simplify things such as staging and debugging.
jesus.garcia (463) [Avatar] Offline
I've pushed the updates to comply w/ 2.2 and 3.1, but did not add coverage for workspaces, etc. The chapter is long enough as it is. :-\