The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

craigstjean (1) [Avatar] Offline
I've spent hours trying to solve this and finally got it. First I was receiving errors telling me it had to do a rollback due to XA error 100 on start of fancyfoods.persistence. Then it would tell me no transaction was associated with the current thread. In both cases it would give me a VerifyError on the InventoryImpl class.

In the end, I found there were bugs with OpenJPA 2.0.0 specific to Java 7.

So, if you are running Java 7, do this:

# Replace openjpa-2.0.0.jar with openjpa-2.2.1.jar
# Download commons-dbcp-1.4.jar (required by the newer version)
# Probably not required but I updated geronimo-transaction-2.1.3.jar to 2.1.4 and derby to 10.9.1.0
# Update the versions in configurationconfig.ini and add a record for commons-dbcp-1.4.jar
# Enjoy!

Also, to anyone new to OSGi as I am, you can update config.ini to set the DefaultServiceLog.level to DEBUG to get additional details
holly.cummins (16) [Avatar] Offline
Re: p. 96 Transaction and VerifyErrors after adding JPA
That's a really valuable tip, thanks. We'll look into updating the versions in the Aries assembly.