rdegouvea (1) [Avatar] Offline
Hi Guys,

I bought the Mondrian in Action and am not finding the mondrian schema file and the data file about adventure works. Where are these files for me to download?

TIA,
william.back (28) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Where is Adventure works files (schema and data)?
Right now they are only on the virtual machine. However, I'll see if I can upload them and provide a link and then respond back here.
Both the database schema (mysql dump) and adventure works schema have been uploaded to the ftp site: http://www.manning-source.com/back/.

I haven't done much with these in a while since they are not used as much in the later chapters, so hopefully they still work fine.
PentahoFan (6) [Avatar] Offline
Hello William, I can see mysql dump, but where is placed Virtual BOX ubuntu 12 image?

Regards.
Thanks in advance!
Please see this thread for info on the virtual box. http://www.manning-sandbox.com/thread.jspa?threadID=52985&tstart=0

Note that we should be updating the VM very soon.
this.mondy (1) [Avatar] Offline
Hello,

I'm interested in working with the AdventureWorks data as reading the book, however, at the moment, the link to the AdventureWorks contains another link to the VM - perhaps it is the only possibility now? Then I tried the VM and I got the following invalid format error upon import:

Failed to import appliance C:UsersMDocumentsMondrianInAction_11-APR-2013.ova.

Could not create the clone medium 'C:UsersMVirtualBox VMsMondrian - UbuntuMondrianInAction_11-APR-2013-disk1.vmdk' (VERR_VD_VMDK_INVALID_FORMAT).

Result Code: VBOX_E_FILE_ERROR (0x80BB0004)
Component: Appliance
Interface: IAppliance {3059cf9e-25c7-4f0b-9fa5-3c42e441670b}

I have two other VMs imported into the current installation of VirtualBox and they work fine.

Is there anyway I could access the scripts or fix the VM problem?

Thank you very much.
244739 (1) [Avatar] Offline
I'm not able to do any of the examples. Sample database Adventure WorksDW is nowhere. Why do you use database in the book that is not available for the reader. Money for nothing. This book must have simple DW as bunch of CSV files or SQL scripts, so everyone can create own Database for testing.
The only AdventureWorksDW available in INET is a dump file for Microsoft SQL Server 2015,2016,2017. An I do not have licences and any wish to spend my time on MS SQL server, my target is Mondrian.
Is very bad approach to write book with examples that nobody can do in own environment.
Dissapointed.