jerryfiunam (61) [Avatar] Offline
Hi,

I have a bit problem with automatic DB updating. I have instaled activiti 5.11, and I have set "databaseSchemaUpdate" to "true" and everything goes ok, but after few minutes or when a redeploy my application (I have activiti anbedded in my webapp), something happens in DB, suddenly ACT_GE_PROPERTY table updates setting the next values:

schema.history = create(5.11) upgrade(5.11->5.10)
schema.version = 5.10

That is to say, during de redeploy process something happens that these values are set again to the preview version (5.10), so when the webapp reach the step to check the activiti-engine version and the property "databaseSchemaUpdate" is set to "true" I have errors beacuse activiti tries to update to 5.11 but the tables are already updated so I have errors like duplicate columns, existing objets and things like that. In the same sense if I set "databaseSchemaUpdate" to "false" I have the next error:

version mismatch: activiti library version is '5.11', db version is 5.10 Hint: Set <property name="databaseSchemaUpdate" to value="true" or value="create-drop" (use create-drop for testing only!) in bean processEngineConfiguration in activiti.cfg.xml for automatic schema creation >

I dont know if I have something wrong in my configuration.
tijs.rademakers (494) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Problems with automatic database update with activiti 5.11
Hi,

That's really strange and it's the first time I hear that this occurs for somebody.
Which database are you using? Do you see that the schema.version property is set to 5.11 when you do the first Activiti 5.11 installation?

Best regards,

Tijs
Just a qustion, in order to embed activiti in my webapp I have included Activiti libraries and its dependencies in my web app as follows (changing JAR names withour version name):

Activiti libraries:
activiti-bpmn-converter.jar
activiti-bpmn-model.jar
activiti-camel.jar
activiti-cdi.jar
activiti-cxf.jar
activiti-engine.jar
activiti-explorer.jar
activiti-json-converter.jar
activiti-modeler.jar
activiti-mule.jar
activiti-osgi.jar
activiti-rest.jar
activiti-spring.jar

Activiti dependencies:
activation.jar
ant-launcher.jar
ant.jar
antlr.jar
asm-analysis.jar
asm-commons.jar
asm-tree.jar
asm-util.jar
asm.jar
commons-collections.jar
commons-email.jar
commons-lang.jar
commons-pool.jar
geronimo-jms_1.1_spec.jar
geronimo-jpa_3.0_spec.jar
geronimo-jta_1.1_spec.jar
groovy.jar
h2.jar
hamcrest-core.jar
java-uuid-generator.jar
joda-time.jar
junit.jar
livetribe-jsr223.jar
mail.jar
mockito-core.jar
mybatis.jar
mysql-connector-java.jar
objenesis.jar
openjpa.jar
persistence-api.jar
postgresql-8.4-701.jdbc4.jar
serp.jar
subethasmtp-smtp.jar
subethasmtp-wiser.jar

This is just to verify if all these libraries are needed to be included in my webapp and discard that the problem is due to this.

Anyways, could you say if all theses libraries are really needed?
BTW I am using MSSQL as DB, and yes, I cheked if the schema.version is set to 5.11 before redeploy my webapp
I have realized that ACT_GE_PROPERTY changes even without deployment or redeployment, after few minutes the values change smilie. Is it possible that this problem is because of the DB in MSSQL?
Solved¡¡¡

For any reason, glassfish 3.1.2 kept the last version of activiti, so glassfish has two libraries: activiti 5.10 y activiti 5.11, hence, sometimes the DB autoupgrade process found that the current version was 5.10, and sometimes the current version was 5.11. I just removed the 5.10 version from glassfish and finally everything is ok.

Sorry for this, my glassfish drove me crazy smilie.

Have a good day.