mdonahue (20) [Avatar] Offline
Cap Foundation in the heading, it's a proper name.

Point of interest: Foundation, version 3 and below, is not a mobile first framework. Are you concerned this might confuse the reader since you appear to be of the mobile first mindset? Also Foundation uses non-semantic classes that describe presentational qualities rather than ones that describe the content itself. These may be things to address since the conflict a bit with concepts you put forth in Chapter 2.

I like that you explain all the elements they put into Foundation, Modernizr, HTML5Shiv, etc., for the user to understand why they are there. My favorite technical books do this a lot.
lilkwarrior (11) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Chapter 3
Foundation 4 is upcoming; Zurb has begun providing detailed information about the updated framework on their blog and the Forrst website they now own.

Will the book change/leverage any new features of Foundation 4 to better meet the objectives of the chapter?
matthew.carver (23) [Avatar] Offline
Because Foundation 4 is a mobile first framework, I'm definitely planning on discussing it.
matthew.carver (23) [Avatar] Offline
> Point of interest: Foundation, version 3 and below,
> is not a mobile first framework. Are you concerned
> this might confuse the reader since you appear to be
> of the mobile first mindset? Also Foundation uses
> non-semantic classes that describe presentational
> qualities rather than ones that describe the content
> itself. These may be things to address since the
> conflict a bit with concepts you put forth in Chapter
> 2.

Foundation 4 is a mobile first framework, which I think would be worthwhile to address. My goal is more leveraging the framework as a tool to generate a quick prototype, not necessarily to produce production ready code so the classes should be irrelevant.