The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

grayscale (4) [Avatar] Offline
Found a couple of possible errors I wanted to pass on (found them in v7 and they made it into vsmilie

Section 5.1 Phase 1: Adding a new website using the IIS manager

[...]When you're adding a new site, you'll start with the main GUI view, as in figure 5.3. In the navigation pain, under your web server[...] <-- I'm guessing you meant pane

Section 5.1.3 Step 3: Set the physical path

--- Under the Can web files be located other places than the local web server? subsection:
A websites physical path[...] <-- Did you want that to be plural or possessive?

Lab - Task 1
Of the three domains you ask to be created as new forward lookup zones in DNS, WebBikez.com is repeated twice. I inferred that the third domain is WebBikezUsed.com from later steps in the lab.

Added additional items while working through lab.
jason.helmick (63) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Chapter 5 v8
Awesome catches! thank you so much. I'm going to update the labs to make them a little clearer....thank you for catching my mistake.

Cheers!

Jason