Jxff (2) [Avatar] Offline
I thought the PS commands to check for installed features might be a good idea with the commands to install ASP/ASP.NET. I am currently trying to figure out why I show .NET 4.5 installed but my test page won't work. I tried to install 3.5 via the IIS manager and used "ASP-NET" through PS. I received this error from a newly setup VPS.

PS C:UsersAdministrator> Install-WindowsFeature WEB-ASP-NET
Install-WindowsFeature : The request to add or remove features on the specified server failed.
Installation of one or more roles, role services, or features failed.
The source files could not be downloaded.
Use the "source" option to specify the location of the files that are required to restore the feature. For more
information on specifying a source location, see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=243077. Error: 0x800f0906

Thanks! Jxff
jason.helmick (63) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Checking for installed modules
Hey Jxff!

I'll check a few of my servers and test against them on 4.5. Are you using the test page in the book that is calling the server variables or are you using your own?
Jxff (2) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Checking for installed modules
I am using html from the book. My file testpage.aspx shows in the explorer under

C:inetpubwwwroot

But it is not visible in the IIS Manager.

I thought it might be handy to have the PS command to show installed ASP.NET features at this point in your book.

Thanks! Jxff