The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

stan4th (3) [Avatar] Offline
Hi,
thanks for this very informative book - just starting reading it.
One thing which I'd like ask for is that you look at the formatting of diagrams as they appear on a Kindle, e.g. fig 1.3 (but all so far seem to appear faint and "imprecisely" rendered. Also, fig 1.4 refers to red and green code - there is no perceptible difference on a black & white Kindle.
Hope these can be enhanced as it will greatly improve the overall book experience on Kindles (possibly other e-readers).
Cheer,
John
matthew.groves (46) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Format of diagrams on Kindle
I noticed that as well, just reading the PDF on a regular computer screen.

I'm not sure why it's happening, but I'm certain it will be taken care of in the production process.
matthew.groves (46) [Avatar] Offline
Update:

Looks like I turned on PNG transparency in my image tool at some point and didn't notice, and that's why some of the images don't look quite right (the tool I use to edit apparently doesn't render any transparency, but all the others tools in the chain do).
RobertoI (29) [Avatar] Offline
I have a Kindle DX and I am reading the book in PDF format. I am experiencing the same issues reported by stan4th. Probably on the Kindle DX the situation is even worst because the images are not only faint, but the rendering is completely wrong and unreadable. I cannot see a single image properly.