The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

christyt (3) [Avatar] Offline
On page 288 (291 in pdf) you show an example of a profile and overriding the launch method. It was unclear to me if the launch method in the app.js would need to change. Would the app.js launch method be used if there are no profiles that are active? Does the launch in the app.js still get called even if the profile is active? If so is there an order? Maybe a little more explanation on #5 is needed in the book or I missed something. I could figure this out with some testing on my own, but I thought it might be some information you would want to include in the book. My guess would be that the launch in the profile is used and not the app.js, but then the appLoadingIndicator would not be removed in your example. But if launch is called in app.js then you would be creating 2 views. Hmmm