The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

Psychlist1972 (177) [Avatar] Offline
Hi All

I just wanted to let you know the next steps for Windows 8 XAML in Action.
Over the next week, I'll be reviewing all the feedback submitted here, as well as the feedback from my great tech reviewer. In addition, I'll look at feedback from the external reviewers and make any necessary changes that both I and my development editor agree on.

Content wise, the book is complete, but editing wise -- I've just begun smilie

After all my tech and review editing (which usually doesn't take very long), the book goes to the copy editors. My spelling and grammar are fairly decent, but there's nothing like a good copy editor to show you just how little you really know. It's like being in 6th grade English class all over again smilie

After that, it goes off to the folks doing the formatting and typesetting (this actually happens as each chapter is reviewed by me in more of an interleaved fashion). The publishing team is responsible for getting the book into printed and ebook form and ensuring everything is ready for the press. Then, the surprisingly fast printing, and then folks get their ebooks and printed books.

If you have found any mistakes or unclear sections at a technical level, now is the time to bring them up.

Thanks again for all the great feedback here, and for following progress throughout the development of this book, Of course, thank you for purchasing Windows 8 XAML in Action in whatever form you purchased it.
Pete