The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

XTab (10) [Avatar] Offline
Hi Pete
The Deserializing JSON example on Page 459 needs :
using System.Runtime.Serialization.Json;
using System.Runtime.Serialization.DateTimeFormat;

I guess by the time the reader has got this far in the book, they can work this out for themselves, but as you've usually mentioned the required using statements in the rest of the chapter, it might be good to include them here also(?).
Re: JSON Deserialization
Oops! I meant only to include the first of those using namespace directives. The second one I used to fully qualify the DateTimeFormat type in the body of the LoadMessages method itself.
Psychlist1972 (177) [Avatar] Offline
Thanks. Can you tell me what chapter and section? The page numbers I have are totally different form the page numbers in the MEAPs

Pete
17.6.2 - listing 17.13.

As I say, the reader can probably work it out by this stage of the book, but I just thought I'd mention it.