The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

XTab (10) [Avatar] Offline
Hi Pete,
At this late stage, you probably won't want to take this suggestion on board, but I mention it anyway. As a complete newcomer to the techniques you're demonstrating, (even as a VB dev) in this chapter, I've been doing mostly fine. But on Page 458 you mention that you found the correct XML namespace by inspecting the returned data.. It's not very obvious just what you did to achieve this, and I wondered if you'd consider adding a bit more detail of the steps involved. (If too late for now, it might be something to keep in mind for the second edition?)
Psychlist1972 (177) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Chapter 17 Suggestion
Thanks. Right before the listing, I mentioned how I looked at the returned XML (debug window and Fiddler). I could certainly add more detail there.

To help me baseline this, are you familiar with displaying to the debug window in the IDE or using Fiddler?

Pete
XTab (10) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Chapter 17 Suggestion
I'm familiar with using the Debug Window. Haven't ever tried using Fiddler though.

Message was edited by:
XTab