fmrc (2) [Avatar] Offline
I'm finishing the book. The implementation of the iPhone profile in chapter 11 is working properly after correcting some bugs (as suggested by joetopshot), but something is missing in the iPad code. I've double checked it, the Console (Chrome) return no errors but the "Save" button is useless. I don't see any other post reporting this issue. I'd appreciate it if you could make the right code available. Thank you in advance.
joetopshot (12) [Avatar] Offline
Re: iPad profile does not add records
Not sure how to post code in this forum so I'm making my code available from dropbox at https://dl.dropbox.com/u/14719415/SenchaTouchChap11.zip.

A couple of notes:
(1) I haven't touched the code for over a month (I used v 9 of the Sencha Touch book as my reference so I cannot promise this code will work).
(2) I changed the name of the project to EruvProject from what was in the book for personal reasons (I was going to create my own project based on the chap 11 code). I think the only other change I made was to add a few more fields to the model and data.
(3) The touch directory is not included in my zip file (too big and I'm not sure it would have been legal to include that code).
(4) To make this work, drop the directory EruvProject into a tomcat webapp directory (obviously I used tomcat as my app server).
(5) Testing was done with the Chrome browser. For an IDE, I used JetBrains' WebStorm.
(5) Major senior moment: I cannot recall if I even tested the code on my Droid SmartPhone.
fmrc (2) [Avatar] Offline
Thank you, very much. I've gone through the code and the error persists. I've also tried with your app, after including the "touch" folder, as it is (no change made in any code). The only result is a gray blank page where only the Eruv List title displays: no buttons or other navigation handlers. So I'm not sure that your code works as it should. Chrome's console returns no errors, so it should work (mine doesn't return errors either), but I cannot get to the iPad profile view even when I return it's "is Active" to true and iPhone's to false.
Well, thanks, anyway. If some progress is made I'd like very much to be there smilie
Happy new year!!
joetopshot (12) [Avatar] Offline
OK, I had to check this out. I just ran the project and it worked fine. However, I was reminded that I do not think I implemented a 'save'. That button does not appear. You can change the text, go 'back', then select that person again and see the changes.

If you are not seeing anything, my guess is that something is out of sync. I would have thought the console log would show something. Here's what files are in my touch directory:

jberry@devwin7 /cygdrive/c/util/apache-tomcat-7.0.32/webapps/EruvProject/touch
$ ls -l
total 7785
drwx------+ 1 Administrators None 0 Nov 26 13:30 cmd
drwx------+ 1 Administrators None 0 Nov 26 13:30 microloader
drwx------+ 1 Administrators None 0 Nov 26 13:30 resources
-rwx------+ 1 Administrators None 505784 Nov 26 13:30 sencha-touch.js
-rwx------+ 1 Administrators None 3467297 Nov 26 13:30 sencha-touch-all.js
-rwx------+ 1 Administrators None 3467297 Nov 26 13:30 sencha-touch-all-debug.js

-rwx------+ 1 Administrators None 505784 Nov 26 13:30 sencha-touch-debug.js
drwx------+ 1 Administrators None 0 Nov 26 13:30 src
-rwx------+ 1 Administrators None 5 Nov 26 13:30 version.txt

I hope that helps a little.
jesus.garcia (463) [Avatar] Offline
I'm going to be reviewing this app for the 2.2 launch, and will work to iron out any bugs.

THank you very much for supplying this info.