The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

cyberfreak95 (1) [Avatar] Offline
I have been working on a powershell script to create an configuration inventory HTML page for a large number of IIS servers. While the HTML reports in chapter 14 are very helpful one think that would be a welcomed addition is how to create hyperlinked text within the report.

I could create one gigantic HTML page with all the servers but it will likely be overwhelming to look at, so my thought is to create a page that lists out all the websites that have links to the more detailed server specific website.

That way support can go to the high level page, use control F to search for the name of the site, and then click the link to get to more detailed information.

Unfortunately information on how to do this is sparse and since this is an "in-depth" book it seems like that would be a reasonable topic to cover.