yatinparab (8) [Avatar] Offline
Hi,

I am new to activiti 5.10also not so familiar with java too.I am rite now tryin to do feasibility study of trying different bpm solutions. Activiti is quite userfriendly then othe opensource solutions when it comes to desigining processes.

I would like to know complete steps of exactly how I should go about involving business rules in a process. I can only see business rule task but where exactly logic fo rule is written.is it a .drl fil whch as logic, if yes then how I am suppose to do that.

I dont have the book may be thatsy I dont have much info about this and also it is not clear in useguide.

Do I need to install drools eclipse plugin? and also after installing plugin, where that .drl file needs to be created insid a project.

I would really appreciate if u can give me the steps as I need to create a demo n present it soon.

I m using Activiti 5.10, Java 1.6+ , ant 1.8

Regards,
Yatin Parab
tijs.rademakers (494) [Avatar] Offline
Re: How to use Business Rule Task
Hi Yatin,

In the book this is all explained with examples and detailed descriptions. Yes, the logic can be written in .drl files. If you want to get support for developing drl files then installing the Drools Eclipse plugin will definitely help. The business rule task will only invoke the Drools rule engine and execute the logic in the drl files.

Best regards,

Tijs
yatinparab (8) [Avatar] Offline
Thanks for your prompt reply.

Once I create activity project, in which folder structure this .drl file should reside or we need to create seperate standalone .drl fil using plugin. and when we do "create deployment artifacts" will this .drl file will be includ in .bar file or we need to create .bar file seperately, if so then how?

Please forgive me for asking elementary questions because I dont have the book with me and I need to present the demo.

I would appreciate if you spend some time to reply to this post by giving me step by step process.

Thanks and Regards,
Yatin Parab
tijs.rademakers (494) [Avatar] Offline
Yes, the .drl file will be added to the BAR file. Just create the .drl file in the src/main/resources folder for example.

Best regards,

Tijs