The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

diddy (5) [Avatar] Offline
Hi,
I had a look at your github repository, but there are no flow files to be found there. I know you have some of the flows partially listed in the book itself, but I'd like to see the whole file.
Will all these flows work fine with MuleStudio 1.3.1?
Thanks,
Diddy

Message was edited by:
diddy
David Dossot (233) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Where can I find the flow files?
Hi Diddy,

We do not provide Studio flow files because the main target of the book is Mule ESB, for which we provide complete XML configuration samples.

All our examples are Maven-built, which should allow you to import the projects in Studio by following this tutorial: http://www.mulesoft.org/documentation/display/MULE3STUDIO/Importing+Maven+into+Studio

Best,
David
Hi David,
Thanks for pointing this out! I managed to get this going. I could find the xml file in /src/test/resources. When I double click i get an error message saying
Unable to open message flow
Reason: Resource /chapter3/src/main/app does not exist
After that I can find the same file in the flow folder (now with the .mflow extension).
That's fine for now - at least I can see the whole XML document.
There is one problem though: some of your flow definitions do not seem to be valid in Mule Studio 1.3.1, in example chapter 3 ws-config.xml: Element simple service class is not allowed to be child of element HTTP.

Did you create your sample files in Eclipse with the Mule plugin?

Please add to your book a short section on how to get your sample files working with the Studio.

Another forum member posted some instructions as well which work very well for creating new projects:
http://www.manning-sandbox.com/thread.jspa?threadID=52861&tstart=0

Thanks,
Diddy

Message was edited by:
diddy
Studio doesn't yet support the full syntax of Mule XML configurations, that's why you get validation errors.
Ok, thanks for letting me know!
> Did you create your sample files in Eclipse with the Mule plugin?

I forgot to answer this, sorry.

No I'm not using the Mule plugin, the plain XML editor of Eclipse is enough for editing Mule configuration files (it's actually doing a better job than the Studio XML editor when it comes to validation).

If I'm building a web-app embedded Mule application, I start it in Eclipse with the Jetty plugin. If I create a standalone Mule application, I start Mule standalone server on the side and use "mvn install" to deploy it in Mule, which picks the app and hot reloads it. If I need a quick test in Eclipse, I use a very basic bootstrap class to start Mule and load my config(s) - very similarly to what the FunctionalTestCase helper class does.

Cheers,
D.