vjosullivan@hotmail.com (22) [Avatar] Offline
Hi Matthew,

Good book. Some of the tips are already proving useful.

Is the source code going to be provided separately? At the moment I am copying and pasting sample code from the pdf copy of the book into my IDE (WebStorm). However, the sample code is incomplete (and doesn't contain image files and the like). Thus, when you say "So now we should have something that looks like this:" (as on page 25) I'll have something that does look - a bit - like that but that I need to further examine to find out why it isn't - exactly - like that.

The reasons for the difference are usually minor in that I've used my own images, that are a different size to yours, or inserted a different amount of "Lorem ipsum" text into the HTML. Nothing insurmountable, but the exercise of finding out if the differences are cosmetic or actual does slow down the flow of learning.

I think that having either source code available or the complete code in the book is essential.

Best wishes for the rest of the book.
Vince.
matthew.carver (23) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Source Code
Hey Vince,

There should have been some source code included, but I completely agree with you. Hopefully Manning can make it available with the MEAP. I'll make sure to let somebody know to add it.
MLoe (17) [Avatar] Offline
Hi Matthew,

it would be great, if you provide the source code in the meantime on your web site.

Thanks, Michael
MLoe (17) [Avatar] Offline
Hi Matthew,

Thanks for the quick response.

Michael
Gazzo100uk (1) [Avatar] Offline
Is there a more up to date version of the source code? I'm left with being reference to sample-001.html and sample-001.css in chapter 5 which don't seem to exist in the source code download.

Regards,
Gary
vongoh (1) [Avatar] Offline
Hi - enjoying the book so far, lots of great insights and workflow technique goin on here.

It would be awesome to have the source code for Ch 7 / design in browser! Its necessary to complete the teaching - honestly the lack of the complete set of solid code is holding this tutorial back from being what it can be

Is there a reason why only 2 chapters source code? Is a github for the source code only out of the question? smilie Thanks
The source code should be up to date shortly. In the mean time, I've attached a zip file including the source code as it stands now.