matthew.carver (23) [Avatar] Offline
Hey everyone,

If you're here, I'm assuming you've read some part of something I've written. I want to thank every one of you for taking even one minute to read my book.

Feel free to reach out to me with any questions or comments you might have. If you have some ideas for how to improve things, see some code that sucks, let me know and I'll do my best to fix it.

Thanks again,
- Matt

Message was edited by:
matthew.carver
gstrock (3) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Welcome!
I just read the first 3
chapters and its excellent!

the level you are writing
at is just perfect for me.

I'm a senior software engineer,
I've done some web programming,
I'm trying to come up to spend
on the responsive web.

Greg Strockbine
mdonahue (20) [Avatar] Offline
Wasn't exactly sure what was going to be the best way to get you feedback. I marked up the PDF version with my comments. Is it best to email it to you, Candace or someone else or do you have a Dropbox or something?

Over all a good book, I'll start a new discussion with some general feedback but it'll be easier to deal with typo's in the PDF.

Let me know.

Mike D
vrbob000 (1) [Avatar] Offline
Hi Matt,
I just wanted to say hi and give you some background on myself and how I will be using your book. First of all, I am acting as both Director of Business Technology and Lead Web Developer in an affiliate marketing/management company. The motto of our industry is 'git er done'. My bosses don't care if it is pretty... as long as it gets the job done and of course they wish it were done yesterday. As you can imagine we don't get a lot of time to plan. Our testing is rudimentary and implementation is most often done on the fly. Our code works just fine... um, well most of the timesmilie
Adopting responsive web design principles is a no-brainer, especially in online marketing. We developed our current system using a simple page template architecture which has become too limiting. I know the graphics team hates it! My team will be architecting a new solution incorporating responsive web design principles into our dynamic sites.
Piece of cake...
matthew.carver (23) [Avatar] Offline
Hey Bob,

Great to hear from you. I actually spent a little bit of time doing affiliate marketing at one point in my career and I know it can be completely insane. The good news is once you have some solid templates, it's all down hill from there. Graphics are always a trick, but a lot of the stuff I'm writing for later release in the MEAP is great for those teams and also makes a point of emphasizing the need for collaboration.

Good luck. I hope the book is useful in untangling some of the challenges you're probably facing.