The Author Online Book Forums are Moving

The Author Online Book Forums will soon redirect to Manning's liveBook and liveVideo. All book forum content will migrate to liveBook's discussion forum and all video forum content will migrate to liveVideo. Log in to liveBook or liveVideo with your Manning credentials to join the discussion!

Thank you for your engagement in the AoF over the years! We look forward to offering you a more enhanced forum experience.

dwschulze (36) [Avatar] Offline
I'm following the quick install instructions in chapter 1. I'm using JDK 1.7 instead of 1.6.

There is no console running at localhost:60010.

When I start the shell and type "list" it throws exceptions with stack traces too long to see what the problem is.

Nothing is written to the .out file in the logs/ directory. The .log files shows Connection Refused exceptions but doesn't say what it is trying to connect to.

Does hbase need a particular Linux distro ?
dwschulze (36) [Avatar] Offline
Re: Does hbase run on Ubuntu 12.04 ?
The problem was a missing '/' in the "file:///..." string in the hbase-site.xml file. I had "file://..." - 2 slashes instead of 3.
ndimiduk (30) [Avatar] Offline
Glad to hear your resolved the issue.

What version of HBase are you using? Java7 is likely not yet supported, but you can check the status at this JIRA: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-5261

-n
benslinkard (56) [Avatar] Offline
Hi

I got solved the issue by your information.

Regards,
Benslinkard